Nimble IT and the Data Layer: the Lynchpin of Analytical Success
This report from Aberdeen Research Group – based on respondents to Aberdeen's Operationalizing Big Data Survey – explores how an agile IT environment empowers line-of-business users to make better decisions and improve company performance.
- Diligent IT effort in the data layer is key to self-service analytics.
- The bar of expectation has been raised substantially on the part of end-users as they look for tools that are easy to use, relevant to their line-of-business, and lighting fast in their delivery of information.
- Quality consumable data enables a quicker delivery of critical information, and a more efficient decision process.
- Top companies benefit from a symbiotic relationship between IT and businesses users, where data is accessible and consumable, and users can create their own insights without burdening IT.
- Top companies are 3.6 times more likely to have widespread self-service analytics.
Organizations continue to strive to unlock their data to empower their knowledge workers. Multi-structured data must become analytics-ready, silos must be addressed, and governed data must be made accessible across the organization. Acknowledging the need for new data architectures and technologies to handle the volume and variety of new data types is the first step in becoming a data driven organization.
Learn more about how top companies move to become truly data driven in this report researched and written by Michael Lock, Vice President and Principal Analyst, Analytics and Business Intelligence, Aberdeen Group.
Download this FREE research report today.